Mark Clatworthy - Transnational Equity Analysis
In-depth answers for professionals looking to accurately value foreign equities Transnational Equity Analysis is today's most thorough guide to its subject, examining and comparing the techniques used by top analysts and fund managers in the analysis of domestic and overseas equities. The book outlines the effects of international differences in disclosure and measurement rules and practices, examines how investors and analysts have discovered coping mechanisms for using fundamental analysis in an international context, and more. Mark Clatworthy (Cardiff, Wales) is a lecturer in the Cardiff Business School, UK.
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Aims and scope of the book.
- 1.2 Outline of the book.
- 1.3 References.
2 The Internationalisation of Equity Markets and Growth in Institutional Investment.
- 2.1 Introduction.
- 2.2 The growth in trade of foreign securities.
- 2.3 Determinants of the internationalization of equity markets.
- 2.4 The growth in institutional investment.
- 2.5 Summary.
- 2.6 References.
3 International Accounting Diversity and the Harmonisation of International Accounting.
- 3.1 Introduction.
- 3.2 Causes of international accounting differences.
- 3.3 The effects of international accounting diversity on reported figures.
- 3.4 The effects of international accounting differences on stock markets.
- 3.5 The international harmonization of accounting.
- 3.6 Summary.
- 3.7 References.
4 Equity Analysis Techniques: Theory and Evidence.
- 4.1 Introduction.
- 4.2 The theory of equity valuation.
- 4.3 Equity analysis techniques used by analysts and fund managers.
- 4.4 The Efficient Markets Hypothesis and equity analysis techniques.
- 4.5 Existing empirical evidence on transnational equity analysis.
- 4.6 Summary.
- 4.7 References.
5 Information Sources Used in Equity Analysis.
- 5.1 Introduction.
- 5.2 The usefulness of annual reports and accounting information.
- 5.3 Direct company contact as an information source.
- 5.4 International evidence on information sources used in domestic equity analysis.
- 5.5 Existing empirical evidence on transnational information sources.
- 5.6 Summary.
- 5.7 References.
- 6.1 Introduction.
- 6.2 Data collection.
- 6.3 Analysis of the data.
- 6.4 Summary.
- 6.5 References.
7 Transnational Equity Appraisal Techniques.
- 7.1 Introduction.
- 7.2 Background of respondents.
- 7.3 Equity analysis techniques used.
- 7.4 Comparison of domestic and transnational analysis techniques.
- 7.5 Differences between transnational analysts and fund managers.
- 7.6 Transnational analysis techniques: a focus on fundamental analysis.
- 7.7 Discussion and conclusions.
- 7.8 References.
8 Transnational Information Sources.
- 8.1 Introduction.
- 8.2 Domestic and transnational information sources.
- 8.3 Differences between transnational analysts and fund managers.
- 8.4 The role of accounting information in the transnational analysis.
- 8.5 Company contacts: uses and limitations.
- 8.6 The role of local analysts.
- 8.7 Discussion and conclusions.
- 8.8 References.
9 Views of International Accounting Diversity and Harmonisation.
- 9.1 Introduction.
- 9.2 The effects of international accounting differences on investment decisions.
- 9.3 Views on the international harmonization of accounting.
- 9.4 Discussion and conclusions.
- 9.5 References.
10 Overview and Conclusions.
- 10.1 Motivation for the book.
- 10.2 Summary of findings and implications.
- 10.3 Concluding remarks.
- 10.4 References.
Details of interview respondents.
DR MARK CLATWORTHY is a lecturer in accounting and finance at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University. His research interests are financial reporting and the use of accounting information by capital markets. He has taught international finance and financial accounting at advanced undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Share Course Transnational Equity Analysis, Free Download Transnational Equity Analysis, Transnational Equity Analysis Torrent, Transnational Equity Analysis Download Free, Transnational Equity Analysis Discount, Transnational Equity Analysis Review, Mark Clatworthy – Transnational Equity Analysis, Transnational Equity Analysis, Mark Clatworthy.